Are you receiving this annoying Error 619 message when you attempt to connect to the Internet? Do you want to know how you can try to fix it? Well you’ve come to the right place because I’m going to let you know how to do just that.
Causes Of The Error 619 Message
If you are receiving this error, it means that you are unable to connect to the Internet because the network ports are blocked (by third party applications or a firewall) or perhaps access to these ports is disconnected. This can be caused by third party applications holding the winsock.dll file in your registry, a problem with your DSL or broadband modem, or even installation of a router that was not configured properly.
Since there are a few causes that will display this error, you will need to try fixing them one by one and see which one resolves the issue.
Basic Steps To Fix Error 619
1. If you are using a DSL or broadband connection, check the cable connecting your computer to the modem. Pull out the cable and connect it back to your computer. Try connecting again.
2. Switch off and switch on your modem again. Connect.
3. If you have a firewall running, disable it and try connecting to the Internet again.
4. Call your ISP and see if they can help you fix the issue. ISPs have technical support staff that will help you run through other basic troubleshooting steps to fix error 619.
More Technical Steps To Fix Error 619
1. Reinstall your modem. It could be that one or some of your modem drivers have become corrupted, and you will need to reinstall proper working drivers again to replace the corrupted ones.
2. Disable all programs on your computer that use the Internet in any way. If you can suddenly connect, one of those programs could be causing the problem. You will need to enable them one by one and see which one it is.
3. If you recently installed a router and that is when you have stopped being able to connect to the Internet, you should first check if it is indeed the router causing the issue. Uninstall the router and try manually connecting via cable to the Internet again. If you can, then your router probably wasn’t configured or installed properly. Contact your router manufacturer for proper instructions on installing and configuring your modem.
4. Repair your registry files. Many issues encountered by a computer are related to registry errors, and you may be experiencing error 619 because of this. For example, the winsock.dll file mentioned earlier is a registry entry and if it is moved or corrupted, you will have trouble connecting to the Internet. If you have tried all the other troubleshooting steps and met with failure, you probably have a registry-related issue on your hands. However, I wouldn’t recommend trying to fix registry errors on your own, unless you are a qualified and certified software programmer or engineer.
Why You Shouldn’t Mess Around With Registry Files On Your Own
I’ve put this as a section on its own because I know in your desperation to connect to the Internet you will be looking for ways to fix a corrupted winsock.dll file. However, you shouldn’t do this on your own simple because you could render your entire operating system useless if you make a mistake. Registry files are essential components of the system and if they are mishandled it could be complete disaster. So what you can do is use a registry cleaner.
Using A Registry Cleaner To Attempt Fixing Error 619 Safely
A registry cleaner is a software program that will quickly, safely and effectively detect and repair registry errors without needing you to manually handle anything. Using a registry cleaner will help prevent any disasters, yet get the issue at hand fixed. The best part is you can run it to try fixing just about any error you may encounter! Let me recommend to you a trustworthy registry cleaner that I use myself to have my computer running smoothly.
Why not take a look at this excellent registry cleaner: Registry Cleaner
In conclusion, there are many causes behind the irritating error 619 you are experiencing. You can try using the steps given above to do some basic troubleshooting. However, if all else fails, using a registry cleaner to fix corrupted entries in your system might just do the trick.
Get connected to the Internet today, with no more error 619! Visit: Fix Error 619