Are you stumped at figuring out how to solve Error 3194 that appears on your iTunes? Do you want to know how you can fix the problem and get back to using your iPhone, iPod, and iPad normally? I must say you’re in luck because I’ll share with you how to fix this annoying error.
iTunes Error 3194 – What Does It Mean
So, before I tell you how to fix error 3194 on your iTunes I’ll shed some light on what this error is all about. If you don’t already know, the iTunes error 3194 is quite a common error that iOS users have to face recently.
It is an error that sometimes occur when you try to restore the iOS on your iPhone, iPod, or iPad. And the main cause for it to happen is when you upload a custom jailbroken firmware to upgrade or downgrade your device’s iOS. When you upload a jailbroken firmware that is not recognized by the Apple firmware signing services on your iTunes, the firmware signing service blocks you from using the firmware thus resulting in you not being able to change the firmware on your Apple device.
For many Apple device users (meaning iPhone, Ipod, and iPad users), jailbreaking their device is a common choice. However, users who have jailbroken their device and would like to restore their firmware to stock or change it to the custom iOS 4.3.3 firmware very often encounter error 3194. This error is also often noticed to occur when users use Cydia to jailbreak their device, change the system host file to Cydia’s SHSH server, and later try to change the firmware version.
Fixing Error 3194
Fixing error 3194 is quite simple but you still need to pay attention to the steps. Since this problem is triggered when the Apple firmware signing services detects an unsigned custom firmware, a solution for it is to block the firmware signing service. Here’s how you do it:
1. First of all, exit iTunes.
2. After you have done that, you now have to locate your hosts file. You can find this file in C:\windows\system32\drivers\hosts.
3. Now, open the hosts file with Notepad. You need to have Administrator Privileges to edit this file so make sure you open Notepad with Administrator Privileges by right-clicking Notepad and select Run as Administrator.
4. At the bottom of the hosts file, one line below the last text, type in this; #184.108.40.206 gs.apple.com
5. Next, connect your device to your computer and launch iTunes.
6. Put your device into DFU Mode when it is connected to your computer. You do this by first turning off the device, then hold down the power and the sleep button for about 10 seconds. After 10 seconds, release the power button but keep holding down the home button until iTunes says that your device is in the recover mode.
7. Now, you can use iTunes to restore the iOS on your Apple device as usual.
8. After you have updated your iOS, in the hosts file which you have edited earlier remove the #220.127.116.11 gs.apple.com line that you added. This is to allow iTunes to perform updates as usual.
This method that I’ve shared with you is only temporary because in the end you have to restore the hosts file to its original state. That means, if you want to restore or downgrade your device iOS again in the near future with an unsigned firmware, you’ll have to repeat this process. However, there is a way to fix it easily without editing the hosts file yourself. For this, I’ll recommend to you a great registry cleaner.
Using A Registry Cleaner To Fix Error 3194 On Your iTunes
I know it is annoying to encounter this error because it means that you cannot change your iOS firmware on your device as you want. But if you use a registry cleaner like this one, you can restore or downgrade your firmware anytime. Plus, this software is used by thousands of people and is very recommended by all its users.
Why not take a look at this amazing registry cleaner software: Registry Cleaner
So now you know that error 3194 stems from one of your hosts file which makes iTunes unable to change your device iOS firmware, you should also know that with a good registry cleaner you can fix this error easily. But make sure you choose the right software to do the job or you’ll cause more harm to your computer registry. This software is perfect since it’s trusted by so many users.
Fix your iTunes error now! Visit: Fix Error 3194